• RS-232 line splitter functionality
• RS422/485 to RS232 conversion
• Up to 18 km (11.18 mi) using Westermo W1 interface
• Transparent between all channels
• Purpose built DIN rail casing with integral clip
• D-sub or screw terminal
• AC or DC power options
• Total galvanic isolation & transient protection
• Industrial EMC, shock and vibration approval
• Two or four wire bus according to RS422 or RS-485 standard
• Bypass relay as option
• Half- and full duplex bus mode (Y/V mode)
The LD-02 is a line split modem allowing RS-232 or RS-422/RS-485 systems to be connected. The LD-02 is designed to be use in multidrop applications over long distance using the repeater functionality, serial connection can be ether RS-232 or RS-422/485. The connection between the modems is W1 a balanced current loop interface allowing distances up to 18 km (11.18 mi).
DIP switches are used for configuration options which make the unit simple to install. The serial interface is connected through a standard 9 pol D-sub or terminal block with screw connectors.
The LD-02 is designed for use in heavy duty industrial applications. The different power options, galvanic isolation, transient protection guarantees communication in the worst environments. The LD-02 has been tested to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments.
The design of the line split modem makes the LD-02 suitable for a variety of applications with various speed and data bit options. The V and Y mode emulate half or full duplex communication between master and slaves and a bypass board can be fitted to ensure networks can’t be broken by power failure at a single point.
Customer service, Westermo North America