• Up to 15.3 Mbit/s Ethernet over twisted pair or 30.6 Mbit/s with bonding
• 2 port 100 Mbit L2 switch supporting VLAN and QoS
• Legacy connection via RS-232 port
• Network IP Security and remote access
• Port access control and firewall
• VPN tunnels over SHDSL
• Basic installation with no configuration needed
• Web screen for simple configuration and CLI for professional use
• USB fluid configuration for easy maintenance
• 437,000 hours MTBF to MIL- HDBK -217F for extreme reliability
• Extensive line diagnostics and fault I/O contact and SNMPv3
• Robust design for vibration, temperature and dual power input
Westermo’s Ethernet extender technology based on SHDSL makes it possible to reuse many types of pre-existing copper cables, which can lead to considerable financial savings when installing new systems. The Wolverine DDW-242 allows effective Ethernet networks to be created over long distances (up to 15 km (9.3 mi)) at data rates up to 15.3 Mbit/s on a single twisted pair cable. By using two pairs “bonded” this rate can be doubled up to 30.6 Mbit/s. The integral switch allows2 Ethernet devices to be attached and an RS-232 port allows for a legacy piece of equipment to be incorporated into the IP network.
Only industrial grade components are used which gives the Wolverine an MTBF of 437,000 hours and ensures a long service life. A wide operating temperature range –40 to +70°C (–40 to +158°F) can be achieved with no moving parts or cooling holes in the case. Wolverine has been tested both by Westermo and external test houses to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments and rail trackside application.
WeOS has been developed by Westermo to allow us to offer cross platform and future proof solutions. WeOS can deliver unique IP security functionality for this class of product, for instance a Multiport DMZ can be constructed by utilising the internal port based firewall function. Remote secure access to a network can be provided using encrypted VPNs. For more WeOS functionality please see the WeOS datasheet.
Carl de Bruin