• Supporting various substation topologies
• Dedicated IEEE 1588v2 PTP hardware
• Multiple network resilience solutions
• Markets most compact high-performance IEC 61850-3 switch
• Bandwidth for today and the futures networks expansions
• An evolving platform providing maximum service life
• Featuring 5th generation WeOS including an array of cybersecurity features
• Designed for demanding mission critical applications
• High EMI immunity with comprehensive approvals
• Diminishing risk for downtime and maintenance-free operation for years
The Lynx 5612 is a high-performance substation automation-approved Ethernet switch ideal for energy and substation automation applications.
It is the most compact high-performance switch for energy systems on the market. It has been developed with the needs of current and future networks in mind. Combining outstanding performance, durability and reliability, it is ideal switch for handling big data and high bandwidth requirements.
Critical energy infrastructure cannot tolerate interruptions of service which is why the switch is engineered to maintain uninterrupted data communication even in exceptionally harsh environments. It has been tested and verified to withstand extreme temperatures, vibrations and EMI and fulfils the requirements defined in and IEC 61850-3 Ed.2
Furthermore, only industrial grade components are used which contributes towards a market leading mean time between failure(MTBF), maximized service life and reduced operational and life cycle costs. By providing full gigabit speed on all 12 ports, four flexible SFP ports and layer 2 and layer 3 functionality, a broad range of applications are possible. Powered by the next generation WeOS operating system, which ensures robust operation and support for an expanding range of protocols and features. In addition, recognizing the growing sophistication of cyberattacks, an extensive suite of cyber security tools is available.
The switch is also prepared for routing acceleration, extended cybersecurity and time synchronization IEEE 1588v2 applications, making it the ideal solution to meet future security and bandwidth requirements.