• Improved utilization of switch or router
• Expand your copper network using the same device
• Adds an extra RJ-45 Ethernet port to your device
• Multiple options to fit many applications
• 10/100Base TX or 10/100/1000Base T options
• 100 m range over CAT 5 Ethernet cable
• Thoroughly tested to high standards
• Wide operating temperature range, -40 to +85°C
• Functionality validated for mission critical applications
• Transceivers and WeOS developed in symbiosis
• All functionality available
• Technical support and knowhow
The SFP copper transceivers make it possible to increase the number of available copper Ethernet ports in any device featuring Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) slots. An SFP copper transceiver is a very cost effective solution when an additional Ethernet port is needed. Many applications require an FRNT ring over fibre, which only requires two SFP slots. The remainder can be filled with copper transceivers, allowing additional industrial equipment to be connected over the same network without the need for an additional switch.
SFP Copper transceivers are available in both Gigabit and Fast Ethernet variants, to fulfil any specific requirements. The Fast Ethernet variant supports 10/100BaseTx, allowing for a cost effective way to add a 100 Mbit/s ethernet port. The Gigabit Ethernet variant supports 10/100/1000BaseT, with auto negotiation, catering for easy setup. Both variants have a range of 100meters, specified by the Ethernet standard.
All SFP copper transceivers are thoroughly tested in accordance to high demands. Each model has gone through rigorous environmental testing, to ensure that it can perform according to specification even in the harshest environments. Furthermore, functionality is validated and pushed to the limit, securing availability and reliability in mission critical applications.
WeOS, the Westermo operating system, is developed according to firm requirements, and support for the full range of transceivers offered is an important part. All features of WeOS are developed and verified to be fully supported on all WeOS devices with any Westermo transceiver installed.