• IECEx, International EX standard
• Atex 2014/34/EU, EU directive
• Up to 15.3 Mbit/s Ethernet over twisted pair or 30.6 Mbit/s with bonding
• 2 port 100 Mbit L2 switch supporting VLAN and QoS
• Legacy connection via RS-232 port
• Port access control (802.1x) or MAC authentication
• RSTP and multimedia ring solutions
• Modem replacement, serial to IP, Modbus Gateway functions
• 437,000 hours MTBF to MIL- HDBK -217F for extreme reliability
• Extensive line diagnostics and fault I/O contact and SNMPv3
• Robust design for vibration, temperature and dual power inpu
The Wolverine DDW-142-EX is an Industrial Ethernet Extender, powered by the Westermo WeOS network operating system. Independently tested for IECEX and ATEX by Baseefa the Wolverine is the perfect solution for hazardous area applications in any part of the world.
Westermo's Ethernet extender technology based on SHDSL makes it possible to reuse many types of pre-existing copper cables which can lead to considerable financial savings when installing new systems. The Wolverine DDW-142-EX allows effective Ethernet networks to be created over long distances (up to 15 km (9.3 mi)) at data rates up to 15.3 Mbit/s on a single twisted pair cable. By using two pairs “bonded” this rate can be doubled up to 30.6 Mbit/s. The integral switch allows 2 Ethernet devices to be attached and an RS-232 port allows for a legacy piece of equipment to be incorporated into the IP network.
The WeOS (Westermo Operating Systems) has been developed to allow cross platform and future proof solutions. WeOS can deliver unique security functionality for this class of product as well as allowing the DDW-142-EX to form part of a resilient multimedia ring network using the Westermo FRNT protocol or industry standard STP/RSTP. WeOS has been developed to provide industrial networking solutions and contains amazing serial connectivity capability – from being able to simulate an old AT modem, convert Modbus RTU to TCP or encapsulate serial data into an IP packet.
The DDW-142-EX is often used in applications on railways, roads or with utilities where failure could result in significant costs. All Westermo products are designed with high MTBF in mind to improve operational reliability and also give long service life. Even features like the SHDSL diagnostics and management allow indication of line degradation allowing planned maintenance. As the unit is designed for these a pplications Westermo also ensure that testing is carried out to ensure the unit can operate at extremes of temperature, EMC and vibration and still provide robust communications.
Carl de Bruin