• Single model 24 – 110 VDC power range
• 8 x 100 Mbit/s Ethernet ports
• Layer 2 switching functions
• Surge resistance and isolation
• Magnetic field immunity & conducted emission
• Shock and vibration
• IP65 anti-condensation GORE-TEX®membrane
• Ambient temperature –40 °C (–40 °F) to +70 °C (+158 °F)
• High MTBF, 1,037,000 hours
• Post production testing exceeding EN 50155 mandatory requirement
• Manufactured according to IPC-A-610D class2
The Viper-408 is a managed 8-port switch designed to meet the full requirements of the rail vehicle market. The incredibly compact and robust housing ensures the unit can be built into tight and environmentally hostile spaces. The embedded software provides an extensive suite of IP networking standards allowing resilient and flexible networks to be created, meeting the needs of the rail market. As is critical for all equipment to be installed in rail vehicles, the Viper has been externally tested across the complete spectrum of standards required by EN 50155.
Westermo understand that systems on railcars are required by the EN 50155 standard to have a long useful life, so as well as using the highest quality components to deliver extended MTBF figures, we also implement features like the GORE-TEX® membrane in the IP65 enclosure to prevent water build up in the units. The EN 50155 standard requires mandatory performance and isolation testing. Not only does Westermo meet these requirements, we exceed them in order to meet the additional manufacturer requirements for train control. Westermo’s Swedish factory has been building Ethernet switches for the railcar market for many years and fully understands the measures that are required to provide the highest quality manufactured solutions.
Meeting the requirements of the railcar environment, makes the Viper very well suited for deployment in any application with severe operating conditions and extreme environments.
Sales, Trains and Trackside