• IECEx, International EX standard
• Atex 2014/30/EU, EU directive
• Class 1 Div 2, approval for US and Canada
• Flexible SFP transceiver design
• Advanced WeOS Layer 2 functionality
• Low power consumption
• 677,000 hours MTBF to MIL-HDBK-217K
• –40 to +70°C (–40 to +158°F) with no moving parts
• Industrial EMC, shock and vibration testing
• 20 ms network ring recovery time
• Fast reconnect for multicast protocols
• Easy to use
Lynx 105 is a layer 2 managed industrial Ethernet switch, powered by the Westermo WeOS network operating.Independently tested for IECEX and ATEX by Baseefa, as well as Class 1 Division II by FM approval, Lynx is the perfect solution for hazardous area applications in any part of the world.
Lynx is the most compact and has the lowest power requirements in this class of switch. Lynx has 4 10/100 Mbit/s ports and 1 RS-232 port.
Only industrial grade components are used which gives Lynx an MTBF of 677,000 hours and ensures a long service life. A
wide operating temperature range –40 to +70°C (–40 to +158°F) can be achieved with no moving parts or cooling holes
in the case.
Lynx has been tested both by Westermo and external test houses to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments and rail trackside application.
WeOS has been developed by Westermo to allow us to offer cross platform and future proof solutions.
WeOS can deliver 20 ms ring recovery performance even for networks with video or EtherNet/IP traffic. For EX approved transceivers and more WeOS functionality please see the transceiver and WeOS datasheets.
Customer service, Westermo North America