• Up to 120 km distance
• BiDi support (single fibre)
• Multimode and singlemode SFPs
• Dual 10 V to 60 VDC power input
• 500,000h MTBF according to MIL HDBK-217K
• Compact housing with integral DIN rail clip
• Data rates to 250 kbit/s and up to 12 data bits
• Dual channel for data or status
• Half- and full duplex bus mode (Y/V mode)
• Ring recovery < 1 ms
• Latency < 0.5 ms allowing 250 units per ring
• Galvanically isolated fault status output
The ODW-720-F2 has been designed to allow the use of fibre optic cables on RS-232 networks. The design allows the use of a range of Westermo verified SFP (Small Form Pluggable) transceivers which can provide solutions with, for example, only a single fibre or distances up to 120 km.
Both multidrop networks and redundant rings can be formed using a mixture of transceiver types.
This unit has been designed for industrial use where the requirement is for a long and reliable service life, in a harsh environment. To ensure this reliable operation we manufacture using the highest quality components.
The ODW-720 draws on Westermo’s many years of knowledge of serial protocols and can even transmit a second data channel if necessary.
Large ring networks can be created to provide network resilience to guarantee system functionality, even if a cable is damaged. The ring recovery time ensures that the network devices are not aware of the failure. The fault contact provides a method to communicate network failures.
Customer service, Westermo North America