• Fully EN 50155 compliant
• Single model 24 – 110 VDC power range
• 8 x 100 Mbit/s Ethernet ports
• Surge resistance and isolation
• Magnetic field immunity & conducted emission
• Shock and vibration
• IP67 anti-condensation GORE-TEX®membrane
• Ambient temperature –40°C (–40°F) to +70°C (+158°F)
• Integrated M12 threading and extremely high MTBF, 636,000 hours
• Post production testing exceeding EN 50155 mandatory requirement
• Burn in and isolation test on all units
• Manufactured according to IPC-A-610D class2
The Viper-008 is a rugged unmanaged Ethernet switch designed for applications with severe operating conditions and extreme environments.
The Viper-008 meets the EN 50155 standard for electronic equipment used in railway applications.The super slim and extra robust housing is sealed to IP65 and together with an MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) calculated to more than a 100 years makes these units ideal for situations where mechanical stress, moisture, condensation, dirt or continuous vibrations could adversely affect the function of standard Ethernet switches.
The unit is well prepared for use in harsh industrial environments.The IP65 sealed metal case and rugged M12 front connectors of the unit makes it robust and allows temperatures from –40 to +70°C (–40 to +158°F).There are no sensitive or fragile components, hardening the product against shock and vibration making these units suitablefor rolling stock usage. The power supply operates over a wide input range from 24 to 110 VDC ±40%.
Sales, Trains and Trackside